Sunday 21 February 2010

Love is ...cutting each others hair to save money....

When I hear the sound of sea gulls I get a sunny salty memory of Cornish fishing villages, fish and chips and the excitement of a sand castle build, it is always warm and there is usually a promise of an ice cream cornet in there somewhere. How lucky am I that I get to hear sea gulls in my garden, I admit that they are only here because it is too rough at the coast but today as I transplanted bushes from one garden to another I became very aware of loud squawking and when I looked into the field next door there was a live convention for the local sea faring gulls association all sat in the grass ...squawking..I clapped my hands to bring things to order and as they all flew up I was in Mousehole with ice cream running to my elbows. I transplanted ten privets, a box and an Ekaegnus today, it was very muddy but I am so enjoying this creative part of gardening where you need to think two years in advance and consider the consequences of this planting. Moving plants is very satisfying as you are giving them a new chance to flourish, the privets are propagated from the first hedge we bought in 2007 and all the others are from over crowded planting so every thing I did today was for free. Mike did his first cut on the grass, the mowers and tractors came out of hibernation and I saw battery chargers and monkey wrenches being banded about and by end of play only Harry the Honda was playing up, so no change there then. On the subject of for free and cutting, Mike cut my hair tonight, I haven't looked in the mirror yet ...I trust his judgment....love is ...cutting each others hair to save money....

No comments:

Post a Comment