Tuesday 27 April 2010

We live in the land of cheese but I will draw the line at putting medication in his bowl of wine.

So, you bring up three wonderful children, hold down a tough job, deal with all manner of issues and difficulties as they manifest themselves but when your dog goes down the universe stops and you forget to breath while you make that call to the vet. You may have gathered that I am a little partial to dramaqueenism but after a week tending to HOSS's blistered back and sore paws I finally had to admit defeat and Mike insisted I call the vet, organise a mortgage type loan to pay for the visit, brace myself and go. It is no wonder that you can get to see a vet in 2 hours flat, at 60 Euros for a 10 minute visit and two boxes of medication there is no way I was going to make that mercy call before I had tried my own alternative approach after a lengthy browse on the Internet, and I expect the entire association of French dog owners think the same. Getting back to HOSS, he has experienced a major tick and flea infestation, to the point where his paws were so sore he was limping to get across the gravel but after all the work I had already done the vet could not find one flea on him and said that generally he was looking good but gave me all the scare mongering facts that if he starts blistering again there are tests to be done and that was enough to make me run a mile. So HOSS is in convalescence and has the utter luxury of having his medication wrapped in cheese because he can smell it anywhere else and that isn't a bad thing as we live in the land of cheese but I will draw the line at putting medication in his bowl of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment