Saturday 24 April 2010

great thing about getting older is forgetting why you hurt.....

We started Friday with the aim to stay in and catch up with all those jobs that have fallen off the 'to do list' but two phone calls put all plans out of the window and thrown into another day. I did need to go into town to collect a parcel the post lady could not fit into our box so although I wanted to stay in I knew deep down inside that I also needed to go out so a call from Sarah with an SOS to help put up their new gazebo and a call from Anna to see if the tomatoe plants we promised her were ready meant we packed up our tools and set off on a lovely social afternoon. The sun shone and we both put on our sunglasses.....summer really is here....and administered SOS to the gazebo which looks great outside their gite, then off to Blosville for a mutual appreciation of garden ideas and swappsies of plants seeds and a cup of tea and biscuits. Today is Sunday and we are preparing to go out to a vide grenier in Valogne. We are both sore from the work we did yesterday, Mike put his back into clearing a patch of weeds in the allotment that I had totally walked away from. I have booked this particular space on my veg plan for french beans but I had decided that if I couldn't get this plot cleared we would go without beans...defeatist I know but after days of digging and walking wheel barrows about with tons of weeds your resilience can falter. Mike is a dab hand at recognising when I go down and cleared it and then put his rotivator over it to prepare for action. I planted thirty cabbage plants and thirty marigold and capucine seedlings for flower interest in the allotment. When we finally sat down last night after a very nice BBQ and yet another bottle of vino plonko Mike absentmindedly asked why he should feel so knackered and what had he been doing all day..........great thing about getting older is forgetting why you hurt.....

No comments:

Post a Comment