Friday 2 April 2010

I have at last cracked the profound and unsolved problem of bunny bundles and rabit ragings.

My dog eats one and a half large tins of meat a day and over a week that amounts to a big bag of empty tins. In the early days I horded them away like a little squirrel knowing that I would find a really good use for a storeroom full of tins. Last year however, I emptied my substantial stash into the recycled box because my plan to build a full size sculpture of a tin can man sitting on a bench in my garden was dashed when Jez and Mike, who know about these things, convinced me there was no real easy way to join thin tin to create a sculpture....so that idea dashed I gave in and away they went. Today we sowed the wild garden, in fact four gardens and in my anti rabbit mind set came up with a fantastic idea to hang used tin cans around the gardens to upset and deter the peskie, meddling, cute but annoying rabbits. Mike was busy hard landscaping so I got on with the project and made holes in the bottom of HOSS's food tins threaded string through so that they can be hung from a stick. I made a good twenty before Mike came in so the process was well under way before he could stop me. He asked if I had been onto the Internet to find such a hair brained idea that rabbits would be scared of a tin can but I have taken all the credit for the idea and tomorrow I will hang them all around the gardens and we will see if I have at last cracked the profound and unsolved problem of bunny bundles and rabit ragings.

No comments:

Post a Comment