Friday 26 March 2010

That works for me as Mike will be doing the heavy lifting, I am just being creative.....

You know you in a veggie glut when you have cauliflower cheese and chips for tea.......all my caulies are showing off at once and smiling at the big blue sky just waiting to bolt and miss the chance of nourishing us unless I can harvest them quickly enough. I grew these plants from seed way back in October, my first, on my own, no help or advice, do it my way, just let me get on and make my own mistakes adventure, I swapped 20 excess plants for a bag of home grown potatoes with my friend but by Christmas I had to call her to see how her crop was doing as Mike had commented that perhaps I had not planted them well enough and they would probably be blind. Anna was however, very reassuring and encouraged me to be a little more patient and here we are enjoying cauliflower until they are coming out of our ears.....I tried to explain that saying to a French friend once ...you have so many they just fall out of your ears..... but it all got complicated and lost in the translation. These friends in Blosville are building a new house in their garden and for the first time I got embarrassingly excited with the blank canvass of her building site garden. I stood in her fantastic lounge surrounded in glass and visualised how it was all going to look. I must be a sad anorak of a gardener for that to happen and I have only been doing this for 3 years......exciting though. Good news is that Anna and William have a field full of stones and boulders which we seriously need to work up a couple of our gardens, so we are going to barter a trailer full of stones and boulders for a bit of heavy lifting to get Anna's boulders into place. That works for me as Mike will be doing the heavy lifting, I am just being creative.....

No comments:

Post a Comment